Are apple cider vinegar detox programs effective? Find out below.
7 Reasons to Go on an Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
1. Stimulates Fat Loss
Apple cider vinegar, a commonly used meal seasoning and salad dressing, has earned a reputation for being a powerful fat loss stimulant. While ACV doesn’t burn fat on its own, it can help you lose weight by:
- Reducing Your Appetite: A study by the Arizona State University’s Department of Nutrition shows that drinking apple cider vinegar before a carb-heavy meal can make one feel full much faster. Participants who drank vinegar along with their first meal ended up consuming around 200 to 275 fewer calories for the duration of the day as compared to those who didn’t.
- Speeding Up Metabolism: An eight-week study on mice shows that acetic acid, an active ingredient in ACV, increases the production of AMPK or adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase. This enzyme plays an important role in boosting metabolic effects such as burning fat and preventing sugar storage in the liver.
- Suppresses Fat Storage: The acetic acid in ACV regulates the expression of genes responsible for fat loss. So health buffs undergoing an apple cider vinegar detox cleanse may be able to effectively suppress fat storage in the long run
2. Lowers the Risk of Diabetes
High blood sugar levels are often the result of resistance to insulin or the inability to produce insulin. If left unaddressed, the body’s blood sugar levels will continue to rise and lead to type 2 diabetes.
Apart from limiting your sugar and carb consumption, you can further regulate blood sugar levels by going on an apple cider vinegar detox plan.
Studies suggest that vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity to high-carb meals. Not only does this regulate blood sugar, but it also hampers the effects of carbs on the body. The research was conducted on patients with either insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
Research also shows that drinking just two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar can decrease fasting blood sugar concentration levels among type 2 diabetes patients by 4%. This is very beneficial for patients who take fasting glucose tests daily for maintenance.
Fasting Glucose Concentration Levels Definition: It’s a test to gauge the amount of glucose in your body after an overnight fast.
3. Improves Heart Health
Apple cider vinegar can help improve your heart health by:
- Regulating Blood Pressure Levels: Hypertensive rats were examined to see how they would react to daily ACV exposure. The results show that there was a decline in their blood pressure levels. While there are no human tests to back up this claim yet, the study’s results are still impressive given that the subjects were initially suffering from hypertension.
- Lowering Cholesterol Levels: Acetic acid, a main compound of ACV, can help reduce the cholesterol and triacylglycerol levels of high-cholesterol fed rats. This suggests that apple cider vinegar may also have the same effect on the human body.
- Improve Insulin Sensitivity: Insulin sensitivity is primarily linked to type 2 diabetes, but it can also affect your heart health. Diabetes alters the body’s metabolic system and signaling pathways. Both of these are risk factors that leave you susceptible to complications such as myocardial dysfunction.
Tip: To further improve your cardiovascular system, you should regularly exercise. It doesn’t have to be a full routine for a sprinter or marathoner. 20 to 30 minutes of walking or light jogging can already do wonders for your health.
Myocardial Dysfunction Definition: A disease that consists of low cardiac output preceded by cardiac arrest.
4. Relieves Sore Throats
Sore throats are often the result of allergens, bacteria, and harmful irritants. So if you want to soothe your sore throat, you need to address the root issue.
One way you can do so is by going on a quick apple cider vinegar detox. ACV has potent antibacterial properties that may help prevent the spreading of the germs causing your sore throat.
To speed up your recovery, make sure not to consume anything cold that might further irritate your throat. Also, try not to speak for at least one whole day.
5. Provides Quick Energy Boosts
Apple cider vinegar has amino acids that can help battle fatigue and provide quick energy boosts. They also have high potassium levels which help get rid of stress and tiredness.
6. Gets Rid of Bad Breath
If your breath still smells bad even after you’ve brushed your teeth, flossed, and used mouthwash, you might have a bacteria problem. What you can do is use the anti-fungal properties of apple cider vinegar to fight the bacteria causing your breath issues.
After brushing your teeth, take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and gargle it around the insides of your mouth for at least 30 seconds. Do once to twice a day.
7. Prevent Leg Cramps
Apple cider vinegar has good potassium levels and you can use it to prevent nighttime leg cramps.
Once you feel the cramps hitting in, take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and drink it with a glass of warm water and honey. This should provide instant relief in removing the cramps.
How to Go on an Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
There are plenty of ways to consume ACV. For one, you can add it as a seasoning or spice to your meals. Add a dash or two while eating and you’ll already meet your daily requirement.
You can also add it to your favorite vegetable drinks and shakes if you’re not fond of seasoning your food with vinegar.
But if you want to go on a stricter apple cider vinegar diet, opt to take ACV drinks every day. Mix one to two tablespoons of ACV in 15 to 30 ml of water and then down the glass in one sitting.
Note: Beginners should be careful and start off with small doses of ACV. Consuming too much might cause acid problems or enamel erosion. To maximize its benefits, do not drink more than 2 tablespoons at a time and always remember to dilute it in water.
Overall, apple cider vinegar detox plans are effective and you should definitely try them out. You can incorporate it into your diet whether your goal is to lose weight, control blood sugar levels, or maintain good heart health.
To maximize its benefits, make sure to combine it with a healthy diet and regular exercise routine. Doing so will make it easier for your apple cider vinegar drink to flush out harmful toxins and suppress fat accumulation.
Have you tried any apple cider vinegar detox plans lately? Share your experience with us in the comments section below!
The post What Are The Benefits Of An Apple Cider Vinegar Detox? appeared first on Dr. Seeds Blog.