Live a brand new year with a fresh start and some handy life hacks to improve your well-being and your daily grind. Read on.
In this article:
- Start the Day Bright with Lemon
- Head Back to the Kitchen
- Keep Your Gadgets Away from Bed
- Get a Food Journal
- Reward Yourself after Small Successes
- Score a Decent Amount of Sleep
- Spend More Time Outdoors
- Ditch the Elevator and Take the Stairs Instead
- Have a Digital Detox Once a Week
Have A Healthy Lifestyle With These Life Hacks
Life Hack Definition: a shortcut, skill, or trick that helps improve productivity
1. Start the Day Bright with Lemon
If you want to know how to improve your health and wellness this year, then grab a lemon every morning.
Before having breakfast, kickstart your day with a fresh squeeze of lemon and mix it with water. This is one of the life hacks you might be missing in your routine that can give your mind and body several benefits.
Benefits of Lemon Water:
- Gives you a healthy digestive system
- Strengthens the immune system
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Helps you lose weight in the long run
- Maintains the body’s pH balance
- Fights infections
- Flushes out toxins
- Prevents gingivitis and other dental care issues
- Rich in antioxidants
- Helps in blood circulation
2. Head Back to the Kitchen
In a world where everyone’s busy, try your hardest to head back to the kitchen. Make it your priority this year to prepare and cook your own food.
We all long for convenience after a long tiring day, but who wouldn’t love a healthy home-cooked meal? Skip the junk and the fast foods as often as you can and your future self will thank you for it.
3. Keep Your Gadgets Away from Bed
Wondering why you just can’t fall asleep at night or simply can’t have a good night’s rest?
Take note of this hack: Keep your mobile phone or any gadget away from bed when it’s time to sleep.
Staring at your gadget’s screen for too long at night affects your sleep. It’s bad for your health and it can deprive you of the rest you need so badly.
3 Reasons You Should Stay Away From Your Gadgets at Night:
- Melatonin: Electronic screens restrain the melatonin production in your body. Melatonin is the hormone that controls the cycle of your sleep. It affects your body’s response in falling and staying asleep.
- Keeps Your Brain Awake: Gadgets and social media trick your brain at night, especially if you see something that triggers your emotions. Long screen time makes your brain think that your body needs to stay awake and alert regardless of how tired you are.
- Wakes You Up: Even if you’re not using your gadgets, their short wavelengths can affect your sleep. Once you hear a notification, your brain will quickly react. Their mere presence on your bedroom can disturb your rest and wake you up.
4. Get a Food Journal
This is one of the life hacks you can try for weight management. Learn to track everything you drink and eat so you’ll know if you’re having too little or too much.
The goal of this food journal is to eat healthier and not deprive yourself of food. Moderation is the key in weight management, so be sure to check on that using your own tracker.
5. Reward Yourself after Small Successes
This is one of those healthy living life hacks that can easily get overlooked, but it’s so important. Rewarding yourself even after small accomplishments is like giving yourself a pat on the back.
Don’t underestimate the power of self-care and motivation because it can take you a long way. This will make you want to achieve more as you take care of your emotional intelligence.
6. Score a Decent Amount of Sleep
To do this, you have to go back to life hack #3. And what’s a decent amount of sleep anyway?
It’s at least seven hours to nine hours. You owe it to yourself to rest well and sleep long enough to function properly, physically and mentally.
This is one of the life hacks you must take seriously to improve your well-being.
Benefits of Scoring a Decent Amount of Sleep:
- Keeps your brain sharp
- Boosts your mood and keeps mood swings at bay
- Reduces stress levels
- Promotes healthy and radiant skin
- Boosts your energy level
- Banishes dark circles under your eyes
- Improves your memory
7. Spend More Time Outdoors
You deserve a breath of fresh air, so go outside and stay there as often as you can. Maximize the weekend by going on a spontaneous trip alone or with someone you want to be with.
Fill your soul with wonders of the world as you explore outdoors. Doing this will also let you see how beautiful your life is and how you should be grateful every waking moment.
This is a life hack that goes deep within you and will result in a much happier and healthier life.
8. Ditch the Elevator and Take the Stairs Instead
If you kept telling yourself that you don’t have time for exercise, well now you do. This is the least you can do for your mind and body in terms of physical activity.
When you’re at work, at the mall, or anywhere that has elevators and stairs, always pick the stairs. This life hack will take you further than you can ever imagine.
Spare five to ten minutes of your day to sweat a bit as you take the stairs.
Benefits of Daily Stair Climbing:
- Burns more calories than jogging
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps build lean muscle
- Promotes weight loss
- Fights stress
- Tones thighs and tightens buns
- Reduces the risk of obesity
- Helps you sleep better at night
9. Have a Digital Detox Once a Week
Aside from keeping your electronic gadgets away from bed at night, this is one of the best life hacks to improve your well-being.
Take good care of your physical and mental health by having a digital detox once a week. What you’ll do here is not touch or go anywhere near your mobile phone, computer, television, and other electronic devices that can give access to the internet.
Here are the other benefits of doing this digital detox:
- Fights stress and anxiety
- Improves your posture
- Gives you a good night’s sleep
- Keeps you focused
- Keeps your creative juices flowing
- Boosts your self-esteem
- Makes you more empathetic
Watch the video by Jeanine Amapola below for more tips and ideas to be happier, healthier, motivated, and successful:
Live a happier and healthier life this new year as you try these life hacks. After all, a brand new year is another chance for us to ditch the old habits that compromise our well-being and discover new life tips that promote a healthier lifestyle.
Do you have anything else to add to our list of healthy life hacks to help improve a person’s well-being? Feel free to share it with us in the comments section below!